Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stand Off

 

This took me one long weekend to complete. I used a digital camera that shot HD stills and used the HD video plug-ins for Windows Movie Maker. 

The filming and editing process for this video was fairly easy but I ran into a lot of problems making the first-person binocular view scene. I had used a green screen for the black binocular scope and filmed the video in full zoom. This worked great in theory but I had trouble formating the videos to work properly. The video only filmed in 640, but the pictures were in 1920 (or something like that). So I had to try to format them to the same size. I spent hours trying to do this but each time the video was corrupted or couldn't convert. I assume it was because of the codecs, which hadn't dawned on me until just now (idiot). Eventually, I just reformatted the black green screen image and used that over the 640 film, which is why in that scene the binocular view looks really small.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the little short.

No comments: