I had purchased a 60 GB iPod at a yard sale. It wouldn't turn on and it wouldn't hold a charge when it was connected to a USB port. With a firewire cable, it would charge but only run for 30 minutes as opposed to 8 hours. So I bought a battery for it online. This was a short clip showing how to replace the battery.
The iPod also had a couple other problems. The click wheel wouldn't work, so I had to replace that as well. After that, it worked great but I hated the iPod interface. After a couple days, I put Rockbox on their.
Rockbox was great. There were tons of features added to the iPod. You can record audio, run tons of audio formats, even a few video formats and lots of games.
Eventually, the five year old hard drive burned out so I shelved the iPod. I could buy a new harddrive but they're about $90 bucks so I'll wait awhile.
Replacing iPod Battery by Justin Bread is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
No comments:
Post a Comment